SharePoint User Group UK

Share the knowledge!

Welcome to SharePoint User Group UK Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Blogs Forums Photos Files Roller

Taking SharePoint offline

Last post 02-20-2012, 4:53 PM by timpanla. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-14-2012, 9:32 AM 28214

Taking SharePoint offline

We have about 50 users on our SharePoint at the momment. I am looking to take our SharePoint offline. What are the best solutions for taking SharePoint offline? and what companies offer this solution other than WorkSpace?
  •  02-14-2012, 10:12 AM 28217 in reply to 28214

Re: Taking SharePoint offline

Colligo springs to mind - http://www.colligo.com/products/sharepoint/colligo-contributor-client/
    Paul Leigh
    ---------------------------------------------
    Designer of PhoPho & PhoTab, photograph frames that double up as tablet and smartphone stands.
    www.jackdawdesigns.com
  •  02-14-2012, 11:05 AM 28219 in reply to 28217

thanks for this! somone else has also recomended GeoReplicator from iOra, have you had any expirance with this company ?
  •  02-14-2012, 12:23 PM 28220 in reply to 28219

No experience directly with the GeoReplicator but have been aware of it for some time. I met one of their developers at a London User Group meeting some years back.

It was initially iOra, then sold to Infonic now back to iOra again.

I have some projects I wouldn't mind talking to them about but I'd need convincing that the company was stable and going to be around for the long term first.

It really all boils down to your requirements - "taking SharePoint offline" can mean a whole host of different things.

Paul Leigh
    ---------------------------------------------
    Designer of PhoPho & PhoTab, photograph frames that double up as tablet and smartphone stands.
    www.jackdawdesigns.com
  •  02-20-2012, 4:53 PM 28282 in reply to 28220

Cheers for this Paul,

We have engaged with iOra and they have sent us a demo, which has really impressed us here. So we are gonna go ahead and use there software. The person i got in touch with was Richard Eltze - richard.eltze@iOra.com if your interested.

regards,

louis
View as RSS news feed in XML