Hi Everyone Im pleased to announce details of our first meeting of 2012!
This will be an evening of real world SharePoint - I have at least four examples of real SharePoint Projects to see what organisations and their SharePoint Professionals are doing in the real world.
The message for each will aim to cover:
- What we did
- How we did it
- Problems we faced
- Lessons learned
So far we have the following speakers and sessions lined up:
Session 1 - Paul Beck: Building IT Knowledgebase's for GlaxoSmithKline
• Overview of the GSK Centre of Excellence and my role
• The problem: IT knowledge bases within GSK
• The constraints: 110k users, hybrid SP, Autonomy search, solution design and outsourcing to India
• The solution
Session 2 - Daniel Westerdale - Digital Portal Relauch for Pharma Research
Adelphi Research is a successful pharmaceutical research company that provides competitive edge to our clients through the quality of the qualitative and quantitative research.
• A brief history of me and why I find SharePoint enjoyable to work with.
• Short comings of the current hosted portal such as lack of engagement
• Why the relaunched/ Rebranded portal will fix these
• Overview of the solution being rolled out: change to taxonomy, metadata, content rollup, self-service password reset and more.
Session 3 - Gary Powell-Jones - Learning Platform Development for Shelfield Academy
An overview of how the learning platform developed for Shelfield Academy improved student performance and outcomes, including:
• How the platform was personalised for different groups of users (students, teachers and parents)
• Making SharePoint not look like SharePoint! (and more appropriate for the end users)
• A single platform with links to other systems
• Improving communications within the school and between the school and parents
• Using data to improving student performance through early intervention
Session 4 - Benjamin Athawes - Building a hosted solution for eShare Limited using SharePoint and K2
• Overview of eShare Limited and my role
• How we utilise SharePoint and K2
• Challenges with hosting an Internet based solution and lessons
• Keeping things modern with mobile technologies (an iPad app)
Of course there will be the usual snacks and drinks available along with SharePint afterwards :)
Location: Strelley Hall Strelley Village Nottingham NG8 6PE
Agenda: 6.30pm - Session 1 7.10pm - Session 2 7:40pm - Snacks and drinks! 8:00pm - Session 3 8:40pm - Session 4 9:10pm - Off to SharePint....
I look forward to seeing you there!
Many thanks Mark
Director, Intelligent Decisioning Ltd