SharePoint User Group UK

Share the knowledge!

Welcome to SharePoint User Group UK Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Blogs Forums Photos Files Roller

Last post 12-15-2011, 3:20 PM by Steve Smith. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-30-2011, 10:58 AM 27835

Hi,
    My name is Paul. I use SharePoint as a communications tool creating databases shared across my company. It was made available to us about 3 years ago. In that time support resources have been reduced slowly to nil. I have a need to become self-sufficent. The irony is that I am now reliant on external sources of inspriation.
    My next project is to build a comms hub for competitor analysis to share across the company. Very selfish, I have a request for advice straight away.
    I want to build a news page, that will function like a List or Document Library. It will include graphics instead of text. And would be similar to the 'Preview' List format. This is more appealling to the reader and should improve page hits. Loading graphics to SharePoit is cumbersome. So, is there List type with Preview option that allows easier loading of graphics?
    For the experienced members of the site, I'd be glad of your guidance of where to post these types of requests.
    My knowlede is limited, but I'll give back what I can.
    Paul
  •  12-15-2011, 3:20 PM 27907 in reply to 27835

Re: New Member

Hi Paul and welcome to the group. Feel free to ask questions in the forums and also look out for meetings coming up in your area as that is a great way to learn new ways of using SharePoint.

Steve
View as RSS news feed in XML