SharePoint User Group UK

Share the knowledge!

Welcome to SharePoint User Group UK Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Blogs Forums Photos Files Roller

Southampton User Group Meeting - 24 May 2012

Last post 05-01-2012, 10:52 AM by NigelP. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-27-2012, 8:01 PM 28683

Southampton User Group Meeting - 24 May 2012

Blimey, we've some cracking sessions lined up for this meeting!

The next Southampton meeting is 6:30pm on Thursday 24 May at Southampton University.

All welcome, especially new attendees and attendance is free.

We're very pleased to be welcoming Steve Smith as a special guest speaker!

6:30pm "PowerShell to the people" - Chris McKinley

An introduction into using PowerShell to make your SharePoint life easier.

This session will give you a brief introduction into some of the things in SharePoint that are just easier to do with PowerShell. Whether it's bulk editing of all your sites, automating tasks or finding out useful bits of farm information powershell has a trick for it.

7:15pm "Installing and Running SharePoint 2010 on Windows 8 with SQL 2012" - Nigel Price

In this presentation / demonstration I will show how you can install and run SharePoint 2010 on a Windows 8 Server and use SQL 2012 (also running on a Windows 8 Server) to store the SharePoint databases.  Installing SharePoint 2010 on a Windows 8 Server is not as straightforward as you think!

7:45pm Break for a quick SharePint, in a very conveniently close bar!

8:15pm Steve Smith "Taking SharePoint from the Intranet to the Extranet"

In this session I will go through the architecture and methods to publish SharePoint to the outside world enabling people to access their content on the road or simply make you company blog available to the public. We will also look at using Microsoft’s TMG as a way to publish and secure your SharePoint environment.

Contact me at southwest@suguk.org if you would like to speak at the meeting.

We'll be in lecture Theatre A in the Nuffield Theatre towards the centre of the map at http://www.southampton.ac.uk/about/whereissoton/maps/highfield_campus.pdf. Plenty of free car parking nearby, see the map for more info.

See you there!

Ian

•  05-01-2012, 10:52 AM 28690 in reply to 28683

Re: Southampton User Group Meeting - 24 May 2012

I plan to be there !
View as RSS news feed in XML