SharePoint User Group UK

Share the knowledge!

Welcome to SharePoint User Group UK Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Blogs Forums Photos Files Roller

sharepoint_blog_1

sharepointjobsite.com

As some of you may have seen we are soon to be launching a new job site specifically for SharePoint - the site is already up at www.sharepointjobsite.com .

We've had a few issues recently with recruitment consultants posting jobs that haven't existed to get people to submit CV's. Not a good practise and something we'd like to get rid of. What I am proposing is that we lock down the jobs area of the forums and redirect people to www.sharepointjobsite.com.

Each posting of a job on the new site requires a small fee. This fee should :

1, Stop people making up positions and fishing for CV's
2, Improve the overall quality of job posting and information available to you.

I'd be interested in your thoughts on this before we make a decision on what to do. Please feel free to leave a comment here or email me at nick@lightningtools.com

Published 26 March 2009 12:02 by nick_swan

Comments

AndyBurns said:

Sounds like a good idea - but didn't there used to be a SharePoint job site for the UK? I'm sure I remember looking at permanent and contractor jobs on it (which it displayed in two columns, for some obscure reason)

March 26, 2009 13:43

Topics about Jobs » Archive » sharepointjobsite.com said:

March 26, 2009 22:33

deab61 said:

Sure it's a good idea...however agencies work how they work. I can't see you're going to change it. As a job seeker I've always found it best to work with them rather than against them.

An agent will always try to put the best face on any job and try to get u to take it, equally they will put u forward to the employee as the best person for the job. at the end of the day, it's always your choice whether u accept a job or not.
March 27, 2009 13:08

Eoin McDonagh said:

Agencies spend a lot of money on existing job boards 'Jobe serve, Jobsite etc on false adds, it is used as a tool to collect new candidtaes and a far easier way to update existing candidates details. I dout that adding a fee to sharepointjobsite will do much to discourage this, but worth a try.
May 8, 2009 11:24

Sokol said:

I only advertise if i have a requirement and right now i am looking for a SharePoint cheef...

We are here to help you to help us so we can beat the recession!
August 3, 2009 13:55